Sunday, February 3, 2013

Mystery Bop


Some of my poems read more like lyrics. So for this one, you might imagine a bass playing "Rhythm Changes" behind it....

Mystery Bop
Rls 11/02

You do too much is what she said to me
Gotta pare down your phil-os-oph-y
Isn’t about how much we can say we do
It’s all about staying pure and (being) true

But what if I like it when it’s mes-sy and rough?
It’s still kind-a rare..
It’s still kind-a tough.
What if I like to wait before I simp-li-fy?
I’ll just never know unless I try

You tend to over-do is what she said to me
Gotta pare down  on your ac-ces-sor-ies
Isn’t about what we adorn ourselves with
It’s all about the real you and not the myth

But what if I like it when it’s over the top
It’s over-dram-at-ic
It’s mystery bop
What if I like to wait before I simp-li-fy
I just want to try and reach that pie in the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment